Monday, June 2, 2008

jai cricket

Off late if I have been doing something which is not work is watch the stupid tube

Namely IPL

Amazing how much of cricket I have picked up

Was never really into cricket

Was more than happy with my passion for automobile

And mah passion for F1 and motogp

But getting into IPL and learning bout cricket gave me two things

One a lil knowledge out the game

Two major conversation material


This you have to agree with me

If u have some thing to say / talk bout cricket

You will never be in a empty silent conversation with anybody

Try it

It works almost as efficiently as gravity

You can talk bout cricket with anyone

The auto wala, panwala

Waiter, Ur boss,

Ur mom, dad,

Neighbour

Cable guy

Laundry guy

I mean I have tried it and wow........ Everyone has something to say bout it

Not all is good

But at least you don’t have silent stares



I still wudnt trade my time spent of F 1 with it

But F1 conversations generally end up in a 20 questions kinda thingy



Prior to me having some stuff to say or talk bout the cricket game

A typical conversation was used to be like this

Xyz “hey didja catch the game last night”

" dhoni suxked ass man "

bee " don’t really follow that ... aint into cricket"

xyz " doodh I thot u wud like into sports"

bee " I am just not cricket"

xyz "what then"

bee" f1, motogp soccer"

xyz " yeah neat me too "

bee " (excited) didja see what Henry did that last game man he was ...
awesome .. the 1 2 with messi .. that was ......."

xyz " I like used to play the game when I was kid and maybe follow the world cup ........... but "

bee (busted again) oh

silence

silence

silence

then the horrible part

xyz " so u watch f1 huh "

bee " yeah" (getting interested again)

xyz " that Schumacher is da bomb he wins everything"

For crying out loud schuey is was and will be great but he has retired more that a year ago

bee " dude schuey retired"

now comes the part which is worse than the horrible part

the 20 questions part

xyz

" how fast do they go "

what is the cost

how much money

what temp what accln

c’mon man

don’t do that u just killing it more for me

did I ever ask u how much did sachins bat cost ( and I am sure many guys wud have an answer for that in India)


newes I was hopeful for a long time that I wud run into some regular company of people who might be interested in f1 or stuff

but I have given up

and now that I am following cricket

it is much better on mah nerves

when some xyz goes " hey didja catch the game last night "

" dhoni suxked ass man "

bee" yeah man that was sad .. he shud kept the third man in and shud have let balaji bowl out his quota before the last over"

and that is smoooooooooooth

this conversation can go on till the time xyz is with me ....

and I am saved form the pain of playing 20 questions.....

No comments: